Northern Kentucky University's majors come from five distinct colleges -- College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education and Human Services, College of Health Professions, College of Informatics -- Northern Kentucky University offers over 60 undergraduate majors.
Not sure which path to choose? Take some time to explore our undergraduate majors. Visiting the websites of majors you are interested in. They will show you the opportunities related to each field and give you a good "flavor" for the discipline.
One excellent way to learn about your interests and abilities and “match” them to majors at NKU is by completing the FOCUS2 online career planning tool. Bring this information to your advising meeting so we can discuss the results with you.
Another useful resource is the online catalog, where you can search for “Four-Year Graduation Plan” to get an idea of the ideal sequence of each major. To access this resource, click here.
Tips on choosing a major
Choosing a major can be challenging. Here are some tips to finding the major that fits you best:
- Use the University Catalog - you can type the name of a major in the online version then select "Programs Only" under "Narrow your search"
- Talk to faculty - professors in the majors know a lot!
- Visit Career Services
- Network with professionals in the community
- Take the Career Development class (CEP 101)
- Attend a meeting of the student organization related to the major