About Norse Advising
The mission of Norse Advising is to advise and teach students skills that facilitate growth through exploration as they embark upon their educational careers at NKU.
We help students navigate the university and make informed decisions while transitioning into majors and professional careers. Norse Advising also serves as a resource for advising excellence within the university community.
Who should come to Norse Advising?
- Students with the following majors MUST come, by appointment, to meet with their advisor, usually once each semester after their first semester (new freshmen need to meet with a Peer Coach as well as an Advisor during their first semester):
- Undeclared/University Studies
- Integrative Studies
- Psychology (if you have less than 30 earned hours)
- Students who have a question related to their studies at NKU can feel free to stop by the Compass Desk, or call Norse Advising - we have a Walkin Advisor and Peer Coach available throughout the day. They may not be able to resolve all of your needs, but they can help you make the "connection" with people and services who can!
- Students who want to talk to another student ("peer") about what it is like to be at NKU, and get suggestions about how to be successful - coming from students who have found their way and want to share it with you!
Norse Advising is located on the second floor of the Student Success Center building (currently called University Center). Call 859 572-6900.